Saturday, July 05, 2008

A sound commentary on Lakeland

Justin Taylor of Wheaton College runs a blog I greatly respect and visit often. This post and, more particularly, the comments from various people gives one a very helpful cameo of what people are thinking. This blog is very popular in non-Charistmatic reformed circles so the perspective is helpful because these events have thus far been largely ignored by this group.

I did like the Spurgeon quote one person offered from his book 'An All-round Ministry':

"I am frequently told that I ought to examine at length the various new views which are so continually presented. I decline the invitation; I can smell them, and that satisfies me."

Check out this fascinating dialogue HERE

No comments:

Saturday blog-sweep

 Some interesting books for pastors The State we're in Attack at dawn Joseph Scriven Joy comes with the morning When small is beautiful