Saturday, April 14, 2007

Too Late

One of the headmaster's of my old school (where I am returning to preach in May), the poet Matthew Arnold, said that the sadest words in the English language are 'Too late'. I think he's right and it seems to be so true, so often. Too late to sort of the distance between a husband and wife who never got round0 to realising they have stopped talking. Too late for the father earning £000's and doing a 100 hours a week but never there to see his sons grow up or read them a story. Too late to write that book, visit that place, change that job, forgive that person. I think you get the point.

I don't want to be a 'Too late' person.

Whatever it is, deal with it. I for one have things I need to do. Just sort it, forgive , speak, hug, phone, write, visit, leave. Do what it takes but don't let someone else have to say 'Too late'

No comments:

Saturday blog-sweep

 Some interesting books for pastors The State we're in Attack at dawn Joseph Scriven Joy comes with the morning When small is beautiful